“Middle Grades Partnership has stimulated my daughter’s mind to think outside the box, she has learned to canoe, write poetry, and tons of other things that I feel will be beneficial in her future.”
Parent of Middle Grades Partnership Student
What Makes Us Unique
At Middle Grades Partnership we marshal the resources and expertise of public and private school teachers, leaders and students. Together, on equal footing, they learn and grow from one another, changing the trajectory of all our student’s lives. Opportunities often reserved for middle and upper class students open up new worlds for public school students. Likewise, engaging and collaborating with their public school peers creates unique experiences and understanding for private school students.
To ensure this we hire the most experienced, qualified, dedicated, and creative teachers. We do not rely on new or student teachers. Nor do we rely on standardized curricula. Instead, each of our partnerships is unique and tailored to the needs and strengths of their students. You can see the difference everyday across our partnerships.
Middle Grades Partnership students:
- Read and analyze great novels, plays and poetry
- Write essays, poems, stories
- Delve deeply into mathematics
- Design race cars, parachutes and robots
- Build spaghetti bridges, vertical gardens, prosthetic legs for elephants and tails for fish
- Hike, swim, canoe, zip on lines above the trees and ride horses
- Create apps for social good, compose ring tones, fire ceramics, master dance moves and paint paintings
- Analyze media images, confront stereotypes and write, record and edit positive media messages in a television studio
- Make documentary movies
- Write grant proposals for causes they believe in